Jeff T. Blackburn D.D.S., F.A.G.D.
Dr. Jeff Blackburn is an award winning dentist known throughout Richmond, Virginia as one of the best general and cosmetic dentists in the area. For the past 30 plus years, he has worked diligently to evolve his practice into a state-of-the-art facility that offers comprehensive, individualized care for dramatically improving the oral health and appearance of patient’s teeth and gums. Since its inception, more than 20,000 patients have come to South River Dentistry to benefit from Dr. Blackburn’s treatment philosophy and care.
After he graduated from Medical College of Virginia / Virginia Commonwealth University with his DDS degree, Dr. Blackburn established South River Dentistry in Midlothian in 1985. Since opening his practice, he has continued his strong commitment to providing the highest-quality cosmetic dentistry, advanced dental care, and customer service in the Richmond area. As one of a select group of research evaluators with Clinical Research Associates (and their publication Clinicians Report), one of the largest independent dental research organizations in the world, Dr. Blackburn gains exposure and experience with some of the most innovative techniques and technology in dentistry today.
Dr. Blackburn has been recognized with a Fellowship Award from the Academy of General Dentistry, is a Fellow of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, and has received the distinction of being named One of America’s Top Dentists. He is also a renowned national speaker, lecturing frequently for business and dental professionals on topics including personal motivation and practice management.
Dr. Blackburn and his wife, Jennifer, share six children and reside in Midlothian, Virginia. He has always been extremely active in the Richmond community through coaching multiple AAU baseball teams, basketball teams, and high school baseball. He is proud to use his professional skills as the team dentist for the Richmond Flying Squirrels. In addition to his community activities, Dr. Blackburn also contributes his time to the Massey Cancer Center as a spokesperson, supporter, and fundraiser.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Blackburn.
“Dr. Jeff Blackburn is the best dentist I have ever been to, he cares about his patients. I also want to add, that he saved my life, by finding cancer in my mouth, and for that I will be forever grateful!! He has given my life back, along with a beautiful smile. Thank You Dr. Blackburn!!”
Areas of Practice
Comprehensive, Preventive, Restorative, Cosmetic including Porcelain Veneers and Sedation Dentistry Treatments
- B.S. – 1981 Weber State University
- D.D.S. – 1985 MCV/VCU School of Dentistry
- TBSE “Turning Adversity into Opportunity”
- Excellence in Dentistry
- Love Dentistry Audio Series- “When Times Get Tough” A Conversation with Dr. Richard Madow
- National Motivational and Practice Management Speaker
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow, Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Listed in “America’s Top Dentists”
- Research Evaluator for Clinical Research Associates and their publication, Clinicians Report
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Member and Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member and Past Board Member of Richmond Dental Society
- Member and Past President of the Richmond Dental Study Club
- Academy of Computerized Dentistry
- National Lecturer and Motivational Speaker
- National Spokesperson for Oral Cancer Cause
- Member American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
- Member of Virginia Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Member of the Dr. Gordon Christensen International Study Club
- Massey Cancer Center Speaker’s Bureau
- Team Dentist Richmond Flying Squirrels Baseball Team (S F Giants AA)
- Founding Board Member of the Weaver Athletic Association
- Former High School and AAU Baseball Coach