Midlothian Dentist Sarah Kennealy D.D.S.
Dr. Sarah Kennealy was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia. She graduated Cum Laude from Virginia Tech in 2004. Following graduation she worked at the Massey Cancer Center studying blood cancers and helping to develop the drugs used to treat them. In 2008 she returned to school to study dentistry and earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2012.
Dr. Kennealy is passionate about providing the best care to her patients, and it is important that her patients feel comfortable and relaxed during treatment. She is trained in providing comprehensive dental care from simple to complex cases. Dr. Kennealy is very active in the dental community as a member of several professional organizations and study clubs. She is committed to developing her skills and knowledge through continuing education, dental conferences, and seminars.
In her free time she enjoys spending time with her husband, Kevin, and their two young sons. Together they love spending as much time as they can outside taking advantage of all the wonderful trails, parks, and festivals Richmond has to offer. She is also an avid runner, always working towards her goal of completing a half marathon every year.
Dr. Kennealy is accepting new patients and thrilled to be part of the South River Dentistry team.
- B.S.- Virginia Tech
- D.D.S.- MCV/VCU School of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Richmond Dental Society
- Richmond Association of Women Dentists
- Apollonia Study Club
Choosing a Family Dentist
While you are in the process of selecting an experienced dentist for the oral health care needs of yourself and your loved ones, consideration of a few key factors can help you choose a highly qualified dental professional capable of providing the latest, most effective treatment:
- Research their background: Learning about a dentist’s education, training, and credentials can be a steadfast way to glean an idea of their level of experience. Try to find out how long they have been in practice, as well as whether they specialize in a given treatment or procedure. Generally, you can be confident that a dentist with comprehensive experience in routine, restorative, and cosmetic care is well-equipped to effectively perform all aspects of family dentistry.
- Explore online patient reviews: A pleasant and comfortable patient experience should go hand-in-hand with beautiful treatment results. Usually available on a wide range of platforms (such as Facebook and Google), online dentist reviews can be a helpful indication of the type of care you can expect to receive while speaking volumes about the overall satisfaction of previous patients.
- Learn about the technology a practice utilizes: Innovations within the field of dentistry happen constantly. Discover the equipment and technology employed by a dentist— this can offer insight into a practice’s ability to provide the most up-to-date care. From sedation dentistry techniques that can ease anxiety to CEREC® Same Day Restorations, these advances often improve a wide range of dentistry protocols and can make your treatment more relaxing, timely, and effective.
- Schedule a consultation: All in all, you should feel confident in your dentist’s abilities and comfortable under their care. A consultation can be a valuable opportunity to gain an understanding of the rapport established between you and your prospective dentist, as well as a chance to ask any questions about your treatment of interest. Ensure he or she listens to your concerns thoroughly and makes an effort to keep you well-informed.
To learn more about Dr. Kennealy, or to schedule a consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact our practice today.